Monday, November 12, 2007

Rita Ferrão


Hello, my name is Rita, I'm 32 years old and decided to "give it a try..."
Last May, having lost ANOTHER job, in one of my browsing-through-the-net days, I came across Universidade Nova's website and the LLC course caught my attention...In a flash, the possibility became an objective and the objective became a goal and before I realised what had really happened, there I was, first day in class: I'm at University!
I'm the eldest of 6 (four brothers and one sister ), I was born in Lisbon and apart from a year I spent in Scotland, I have lived most of my life in or around the capital.My life has been quite the "roller-coaster", in more ways than one, but all the "twists and turns" have their advantages and some of them taught me some of the most valuable things in my life: strength, knowledge, humility; and also brought me great things like true friends and some adventures...
I love motorbikes. I follow MotoGp - Motorcycling World Championship passionately on the television. know some riders and characters by heart and had the chance to meet some when they came by Estoril, where I try to go every year. I have a lot of friends amongst the motorcycling comunity and try to be at some of the main bike meetings that take place in Portugal (and occasionally Spain) during the summer.
I also had the chance to take a motorcycle mechanics course two years ago but unfortunately, due to the difficulties our Economy is going through, I never saw a proper opportunity to work as a mechanic and be decentely paid for it so I had to make some options. But "it's in my blood" so suspect it will keep on being a passion until... the last of my days!
(P.S.: The photo was taken by a friend at at bikemeeting in Vidigueira (Alentejo) and the "tough look" is to disguise discomfort when being photographed...lol)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

papava-te a cona toda!!!!!