Monday, November 12, 2007

Maria Pereira


My name is Maria and I am 21 years old.

I am here to study Translation. I had never viewed this course as a possibility until I started subtitling Lost episodes whenever the downloads with brand new episodes were available.
I work at the Lisbon Zoo as a guide during the school year and as a youth worker during the holidays. During Summer, I work with groups of kids from 6 to 15 years old and entertain them with activities in the Zoo. If it paid well enough, I would already have found my dream job.
I spent 2 years in Nursing School, but I dropped out because that was not for me. It is a very rewarding and respectful profession, but I do not fit well in it. Besides Translation, I am also currently attending the 2nd year of an Acupuncture degree at APA-DA.
During my free time, I try to keep myself busy. I spend a lot of time with my best friends, mostly doing crazy activities. I love going to the cinema and watching TV shows and I must confess I am kind of geeky in as far as those matters are concerned. I also write every now and then.
I am funny and brutally honest and I do not like secrets, because I believe they make people unhappy. So, if there is anything you would like to know, just ask me, I am an open book.

No comments: