Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Felipe Vourakis

A very nice lady and I.

Well, same-o... Yellow! My name is Felipe Vourakis Barbosa, 27.

As practically all of you already know I am Brazilian and, as any other good Brazilian, I have Portuguese ancestry but I have got also Greek and only God knows what else.
It is been only 5 months since I have come to Portugal (Lisbon) and I am really enjoying life here despite all the go-back-to-your-country looks ‘they’ give me when my accent pops out into some conversation.

However, I have realized by now that ‘they’ are the saddest folks around (every country has got
some of them) and well, let us put the ironical idea of having Brazilians invading Portugal aside and understand that practically all nations are to have such immigration numbers nowadays due to simple facts, for example, that we have now more efficient ways of transportation. Lifestyles are changing at the speed of a jet plane…

I have not talked much about myself yet so, here I go:

I have got the nicest Brazilian girl as my girlfriend convinced to come to Portugal to live with me.
Her name is Flavia, 28, (the girl in the picture) and she is also a student of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa, working on her master’s degree.

As some of you must know, it is kind of hard to be far away from home sometimes and by now, I am really missing my dear Brasilia but I find it is important for my personal development to live abroad, experimenting new cultures among new people.

See you good people in our good classroom in the presence of our good old teacher David.

No comments: