Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Carolina Castaňo

I do not feel I am always the same person.

Day by day, I see myself playing different roles. I am a dreamer: I can play the role of the confident girl ready to dance on the stage; the girl searching for an answer who sees no space or time; the nostalgic girl loving all the moments saved in photographs; the girl who laughs and cries…

All these girls have something in common. The passion for music, the power of words playing with melody; the passion for her friends, the belief in genuine feelings and relationships; the passion for images; the passion for the majority of arts. I have grown developing these passions, every chapter of my life has a song, a picture, a face. I can not separate my life from these features.

My current favourite artists are Jamie Cullum, Snow Patrol, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Dave Matthews Band, Jeff Buckley, Five Times August, Death Cab For Cutie, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Damien Rice, The Arcade Fire, Interpol, Bloc Party, Editors, Norah Jones, Daniel Bendingfield, Kate Nash and Justin Timberlake.

I love to walk, I like to discover Lisbon by foot, I often go to Baixa-Chiado and to Saldanha. I enjoy going to the cinema with my friends, specially a friend who lives in Brussels and visits me every vacation. I attend a lot of gigs with friends I invite. I like to see TV series with my brother. We watch “Prison Break”, “Lost”, “Dr. House”, “Grey’s Anatomy”, “Weeds” and “Heroes”. I have been thinking of collecting DVDs, specially of films and series I missed like “Six Feet Under”, “The O.C.” – the fourth season, “Moulin Rouge” – my favourite movie, and many more. One of my favourite hobbies is to follow Sporting play their its stadium. I am a season ticket holder and my seat is next to my family and I follow the training teams too. I usually meet my friends and we go out at night sometimes to some bars or discos.

My dream is to develop my skills in dance as much as I can and use them in various types of music genders, in spite of not having any training when I was little. I also have the hope of taking this dream to London as I also have a passion for this city. I collect photos, books and objects related to London.

I may not know the role I should play in my life, but I will always look for something that fills my passions and tastes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.