Monday, November 12, 2007

Isabel Ruivo


Dear Teacher and Colleagues,
My name is Isabel Ruivo and I am a student from this English Class (B2.1) in the first semester.
It is my first year as a student at this University and, from what I have already seen and experienced, I am really enjoying it. I am enjoying the place, people (teachers and students) and the subjects. I was a little bit afraid of what would await me when I chose this degree (Languages, Literatures and Culture – Portuguese/English), but I think it has, at least for now, been easy to adapt.
I am not from Lisbon,, but from Evora (a city in Alto Alentejo for those who do not know) and I have been living on a farm near the city for two years.
I have two brothers: an older sister, Inês (twenty years old), who also studies in Lisbon and is taking a degree on Maths, and a younger brother, João (seventeen years old), who is in High School.
In Lisbon I am living in Arroios with my sister, a friend of our who studies at “Instituto Superior Técnico”, Ricardo, and another girl who also studies at my University, Cláudia.
In my free time, I like to read, to go to the cinema, listen to music (which I am always doing, by the way) and go out with my friends.
I hope I can do my best in this subject (as in all the others, of course). I really hope I can “reach my own goals”, which means, improve myself and be always learning.
I also hope I can make and maintain friends here, because, in my opinion, it makes everything easier!

Isabel

No comments: