Monday, November 12, 2007

Renata Azevedo


My name is Renata. I was born in the north of Portugal, in a small city called São João da Madeira, and lived there until I came to Lisbon four years ago.

This is not my first year at university. In fact, I am finishing a degree in Theatre – Acting at the School of Theatre and Film (ex-Conservatoire), which makes this my fifth year of university studies.

I studied in Bratislava for three months last year – one of the strongest life experiences I have ever had. I have also had other small adventures, as I used to spend the holidays with my parents, siblings and family friends, travelling around West Europe in a caravan.

I love learning, reading, watching films, writing, travelling and (unfortunately) sleeping. Together with learning languages, you can understand why I chose Translation (also because my wallet can not be happy onlywith a theatre producer’s wage ).

Yes, in fact I studied acting but work as a producer. I founded my own theatre company with three friends last March and we are poor but very happy. Oh well… We do theatre for young students (5th to 12th grade), and we aim to give them a different view of Portuguese literature (less serious, less formal) through comedy.

I have a passion for books. I used to eat pieces of magazines even before I could walk. I guess that was my way of reading: I devoured books. George Orwell, Bertrand Russell and Somerset Maugham are between my favourite writers (and yes, I would tell the French teacher the same).

No comments: