Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Amélia Santos


My name is Amélia Santos, I am 18 years old and this is my first year at university, studying Translation.

I used to live in Serpa, in the Alentejo, with my parents but now I am living with three friends in an apartment near Saldanha. We are all at university and we like a lot to live together by ourselves because it is a new experience in our lives. We are experiencing the responsabilities of living without our parents: going shopping, making food, paying our bills. We have found out that it is easy to live with our parents taking care of everything but it is much more complicated to run a house by ourselves.

But not everything is bad! We have more responsabilities, it is true, but we also have more freedom to go out and to manage our money the way we think best. It is a way to prepare us for the future because we must discovery how to manage our lives without our parents' help.

My hobbies are very usual: I like to go out with my friends, I like to dance, I love to go shopping (like most of girls I think!) and the list goes on...I don't practise any sport at the moment but I have already practised swimming and dance, such as ballet, hip-hop and belly dance.

I hope this semester goes well and I also hope that our class matches David's expectations.

No comments: