Monday, November 12, 2007

Melissa Coelho


Dear teacher and students,

If you didn’t know yet, my name is Mélissa Coelho-Carpentier and I’m in your class of English for the first semester. As you can see from my last name, I’m Portuguese and Canadian. I was born in Montréal. I moved here two years ago... two wonderful years. It was my decision to come and live here and I have never regretted it. Even when I came to see my grandparents a few times, I fell in love with Portugal.

Here I am: twenty years old and I’m the second child of a family of four. I have one older sister and two younger brothers. Oh! And I have been an aunt for four months and a half and I am really proud (“Tia babada”).

I am now living in Saldanha with my six cousins! Living with them is a great experience. I enjoy living here in Lisbon. Definitely, I prefer big cities. In my free time, I like practicing sports: volleyball, tennis and swimming. I also like watching movies and dancing…I love dancing!

I hope I’ll finish my degree course, Languages, Literatures and Cultures (French and English) in three years and learn as much as possible.

No comments: