Monday, November 5, 2007

Online Communities

Hello, this is Ana Pires again, nice to see you. :)

Last time I wrote a post here, I said I'd do another one soon about my favorite online communities. You can look me up on any of them, as I'm pretty active on these that I'm going to post. So here they go:


I know I might sound a bit obsessed here, but again with PostSecret. There's a community now, and it's the nicest and most comprehensive place online, so if you want to meet nice people, or just share your secrets, go there.

Because most of us are on a course related to languages, here is PhraseBase. It deals with pretty much every language there is. Besides being able to get and to offer help, you can go into "language exchange", which means you help someone with a language you know, and that someone helps you with a language they know.

Again, for friends and practicing fluency, E-pal World. The name pretty much explains itself, so I'll leave it at that.

For you music lovers out there who, like me, enjoy finding new and great bands, PureVolume. You can either create an "Artist" or a "Listener" account.

DeviantArt. One of my biggest online passions, and one that I really enjoy spending money in. DeviantArt is the biggest Art community online, with categories ranging from Photography to Traditional to Film to Culinary Art, and with artists both proffessional and amateur. Not only that, they do a lot for the real world as well, being actively involved in several charity events.


As you probably noticed, these are all English, and if you want to be understood in any of them, you'll have to speak English. So yay, more fluency for us! :)
Also, if there's any community you love and that I don't know of (or didn't post), feel free to tell me and get me addicted.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Morcegos no Sótão said...

Once again, I'm also at PostSecret Community... ;) It's really late now, but I promise I'll take a look at the other ones.

Maria

Anonymous said...

Cool, I'm not the only one (again) :P I have a picture of myself as my avatar, so if we come across each other and you recognize me, give me a nudge ;)

You definitely should, they're all very addictive.